- Assessment: Begins with a Free 15 minute phone consultation. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about my practice and what to expect from therapy. We will then meet for an hour-long session, in which I will continue to address your questions and we will get to know each other better. I will take the time to really listen to you and find out what your wishes are for yourself.
- Planning: After helping you to identify the areas in which you wish to focus, you and I will create a plan that identifies your goals and how we will work together to help you meet them. I will take time to discuss with you the different treatment options available and give you choice in which ones fit your needs.
- Individual Therapy: In this action phase of therapy, I will assist you in working toward your goals, with the understanding that we may chose to change focus or direction at any time, based on your needs, preferences, and circumstances.
- Family Therapy: In addressing the concerns of an individual client, it is often helpful to get to know the family dynamics at play and to assist family members in finding more effective ways of interacting. This is especially true for children. However, in deciding who shall be involved in sessions, I always defer to what feels comfortable and safe to the individual client.
- Couples Therapy: I work with couples in helping them to build and strengthen their relationships, so that they can be a source of support, love, and growth for each member. (Please note: In relationships with a history of abusive behavior, I believe it is best for each person to begin with appropriate, separate treatment and then to assess for the possibility of couple’s counseling at a later date. If you have questions about this, I would be happy to discuss them with you.)
Rates & Insurance
I accept Medicare, Caresource, Caresource Medicaid, Medical Mutual and self-pay clients. For self-pay clients, I accept cash, check, all major credit cards, and health savings accounts (HSAs).
My rate for a regular session is $100 and the initial intake session is $125. For self-pay clients, I offer a sliding-fee, based on your income and current circumstances. Please contact me to discuss.